Effective as of January 7, 2022
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND SYSTEMS MAY BE HOUSED ON SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, INFORMATION WE COLLECT (INCLUDING COOKIES) ARE PROCESSED AND STORED IN THE UNITED STATES, WHICH MAY NOT OFFER THE SAME LEVEL OF PRIVACY PROTECTION AS THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU RESIDE OR ARE A CITIZEN. BY USING THE SERVICES AND PROVIDING INFORMATION TO US, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER TO AND PROCESSING OF THE INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES.
What information do we collect?
Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
AstroAI collects, uses and discloses Personal Information in order to provide you with goods and services and/or information on products and services you might be interested in. We also collect, use and disclose your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and as otherwise may be permitted or required by applicable laws. AstroAI collects Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To identify and contact you when you request that products be sent to you or others, make purchases or returns with us, or place an order with us.
- To fulfill orders, process payments and ship products purchased by you.
- To establish and maintain commercial relations with you.
- To provide you with ongoing service and product offers.
- If you submit your resume in connection with an employment application, to review and consider the information that you submitted in connection with your possible employment by AstroAI and otherwise in connection with the hiring process;
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with information about our products and warranty claims.
- To support AstroAI's core business functions such as internal business processes, reporting, marketing and advertising.
- To notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
- To process and respond to your application for current or future career opportunities.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Makes an inquiry by telephone, by email or through our website.
- Registers or provides information by email or through the internet.
- Makes a purchase from AstroAI's Online Store.
- Completes a customer profile or creates an account on the Online Store.
- Applies for employment positions featured on our Site;
- Issues a complaint regarding a AstroAI product or service.
- Makes a claim under AstroAI's warranty program.
- Requests information or assistance from AstroAI.
- Participates or responds to consumer survey or requests for opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding AstroAI’s products and services.
- Participating in contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Using other features of the AstroAI Web Site that may be offered from time to time.
Limiting Collection of Personal Information
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Personal Information will not be used without your consent for purposes other than those for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable laws. From time to time, we may wish to use your Personal Information for new or additional purposes. We will obtain your consent to use your Personal Information for such new or additional purposes before doing so. We may also use and disclose your Personal Information to other third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations, our Web Site or Online Store, including those service providers and suppliers that help us market our products and services, provide analytics, process payments, administer programs, operations, fulfill requests, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or product reviews; or
- with your consent; or
- when necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of AstroAI, our customers or employees, to detect and prevent fraud; or
- when otherwise required or permitted by law.
Additionally, any suppliers or service providers that have access to Personal Information are chosen carefully by us and are required to have privacy and security standards that meet our requirements. We uses contracts and other measures with our service providers and suppliers to maintain the confidentiality and security of users’ Personal Information and to prevent Personal Information from being used for any other purpose, including for any advertising or other commercial purposes. However, you should know that service providers and suppliers performing services on our behalf may store, transfer and process Personal Information on servers located outside of Canada, in jurisdictions (including the United States) whose data protection laws differ from those of Canada. As a result, Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our service providers and suppliers to maintain protections on Personal Information that are equivalent to those that apply in Canada.
Third-Party Advertising Partners
We use third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising service providers may collect non-identifiable information about your visits to our website, and your interactions with our products and services. Such non-identifiable information does not include your name, address, email address or other Personal Information. Such providers may place and access their own cookies, tags, web beacons or similar technologies on your computer or device used to access the website to serve you ads or other content personalized to your interests. In addition to the information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from AstroAI.
"Do Not Track" Signals
Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” signals or message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part.
Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior and after visiting our website. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking over time and across third-party websites that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to third-party websites on our Services. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Please use these third-party websites with caution. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites.
We maintain technical, physical and administrative security safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any Personal Information you provide to us is exchanged on a secure server. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Accessing and Accuracy of your Personal Information
If you have registered for an account online, you may access certain categories of Personal Information by logging into your account. You may also request access to your Personal Information which we may hold by contacting our AstroAI Privacy Officer at the contact information set forth below, and we will respond within the time periods provided for under applicable laws. We will need to verify your identity before providing you with the Personal Information we hold about you. There is no cost for such access request unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Information if the information cannot be separated from the Personal Information of others, cannot be disclosed for reasons of security or commercial confidentiality, or is protected by legal privilege. If we cannot provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will advise you of the reasons access is being denied, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
You may request to update and change your Personal Information by e-mail or writing to the AstroAI Privacy Officer at the contact information set forth below. We shall endeavor to correct or complete any Personal Information which you advise us is inaccurate or incomplete. If you have an account with our Online Store, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing and shipping information.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children through our website. If you are under 13, please do not give us any Personal Information. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of such a child we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
How to Contact Us